26 12 / 2012
Urban Dictionary’s definition of Peace Corps.
1. an ambiguous government agency designed to quash the idealism of recent American college graduates over a two year process.
2. an international American government organization with continual rotating foreign staff and a fleet of white Landcruisers aimed at catching volunteers out of site.
3. two years of one’s life determined in a brief 20 minute interview after 15+ hour international flight.
4. committees, sub-committees and exploratory committees for both.
5. the automatic and immediate forfeiture of four of the first ten Amendments.
6. a mechanism for those who cannot get laid stateside to remedy their situation and for those who could to forget how.
7. groups, flipcharts and markers.
8. commonly preceded by “Oh shit! I just graduated with a degree in international relations”
9. A whole lot of seriale (often dubbed over)
10. Abbrevs are tots overused. Where CD, PTO, AO, PM, LCC, SSC, TM, PCMO, FA, GSM, and GSA speak to PCVs and PCTs about SPA, PCPP, MSs, WWS, ICE, IRC, and RA as well as EAP, ET, MS, and COS in acronyms.